Daniel T. Craig Memorial Tournament 2022
Friday July 8th, 2022
Saugeen Golf Club, 5278 Bruce County Road 3, Port Elgin, ON, N0H 2C6
11:00am Registration 12:00pm Start
About The Tournament
The sixth annual Daniel T. Craig Memorial Golf Tournament will take place on Friday July 8th, 2022 at Saugeen Golf Club in Port Elgin, Ontario. This tournament is held in memory of Danny who passed away on June 27, 2014, at the age of 64 after a short battle with cancer. However, as many of you are aware, Danny was also diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease which is a neurodegenerative disease affecting more than 100,000 Canadians and millions worldwide. Finding a cure for Parkinson’s Disease was important to Danny, and as such, $5000.00 from this year’s tournament will again be donated to help continue research into its prevention, diagnosis and treatment, and we hope ultimately help find a cure.
Because Danny was also a strong proponent of community involvement and giving back, proceeds raised from this year’s tournament will again be used to help make a difference in our local communities. A list of the causes and organizations that have benefited from the proceeds of this tournament so far can be found below. This tournament is only possible with the generous support of our friends, sponsors, volunteers and participants and we are very grateful to everyone involved.
Your contributions help make a difference!
In memory of Danny we are honoured to say that funds raised from this tournament have been donated to the following causes/organizations:
- Parkinson’s Society of Southwestern Ontario ($30,000 donated)
- Wes for Youth Online ($7,500 donated)
- 18 Daniel T. Craig Spirit Award Scholarships ($500 Each) to graduating students from JDSS, SHHS and WDSS.
- Hanover Food Bank ($3,000 donated)
- Walkerton Food Bank ($3,000 donated)
- Bruce Grey Child & Family Services
- Women’s House (Grey Bruce)
- Durham Hospital Foundation Bone Mineral Densitometry