An Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (“UAV”) commonly known as a drone is an aircraft operated by remote control without a pilot on board. Originally developed for military purposes, they are now becoming an increasingly common tool used in various businesses.

Talk to your CMR Broker today if you or your company use a drone for any of the following purposes:

  • Surveying
  • Aerial photography
  • Inspections
  • Security work
  • Filming
  • Delivery services
  • Real estate
  • Farming
  • Any other commercial activity

If you are already making money with your Drone or UAV, or if you have plans to do so in the near future, it is a smart decision to insure your drone now.

Did you know?

Lightbulb Idea icon

Aside from liability protection, Transport Canada also requires that companies have proper insurance coverage for these devices depending on how they are used.

Commercial UAV or Drone operators need to be certified and have a Special Flight Operations Certificate from Transport Canada.

Transport Canada requires a minimum of $100,000 liability insurance but we strongly recommend carrying higher limit to cover bodily injury and/or property damages that could arise.

Insurance won’t cover fines and court costs that come along with any provincial, federal or municipal law infractions.

Get it today!

CMR Advantage

Servicing over 20,000 families and businesses for over 35 years

Family Icon

Provide you with the best insurance value that meets your needs

Umbrella Icon

No call centres! We will help you through any stressful situations

hand heart icon

Bound by IBAO’s Code of Ethics to obtain the best possible coverage

Open Book Icon

Skilled & highly educated professionals available to assist you

diploma icon

Success of CMR relies solely upon satisfying your insurance needs

Trophy icon