Daniel & Melanie Craig Memorial Tournament 2023
Friday July 7th, 2023
Saugeen Golf Club, 5278 Bruce County Road 3, Port Elgin, ON, N0H 2C6
10:00am Registration 11:00am Start
About The Tournament
The Daniel & Melanie Craig Memorial Tournament was founded in 2015. Established as the Daniel T. Craig Memorial Tournament, it was originally held in memory of Danny Craig who passed away on June 27, 2014. Unfortunately, on October 10, 2020, Danny’s wife Melanie also passed away and as a result this tournament was officially renamed in honour of both Melanie and Danny.
For those who knew Danny, you are likely aware that he was diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease which is a neurodegenerative disease affecting more than 100,000 Canadians and millions worldwide. Finding a cure for Parkinson’s Disease was important to Danny, and as such, $5,000 from this tournament is donated each year to help continue research into its prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
In addition, because both Danny and Melanie were strong proponents of community involvement and giving back, proceeds raised from this tournament are also used to help support many important causes and organizations listed below.
This tournament is only possible with the generous support of our friends and sponsors, all of whom allow us to make a positive difference in the lives of many people.
In loving memory of Danny and Melanie Craig
Your contributions help make a difference!
In memory of Danny & Melanie we are honoured to say that funds raised from this tournament have been donated to the following causes/organizations:
- Parkinson’s Society of Southwestern Ontario ($30,000 donated)
- Wes for Youth Online ($7,500 donated)
- 18 Daniel T. Craig Spirit Award Scholarships ($500 Each) to graduating students from JDSS, SHHS and WDSS.
- Hanover Food Bank ($3,000 donated)
- Walkerton Food Bank ($3,000 donated)
- Bruce Grey Child & Family Services
- Women’s House (Grey Bruce)
- Durham Hospital Foundation Bone Mineral Densitometry
- Saugeen Hospice
- Princess Margaret Ride to Conquer Cancer
- Diabetes Canada
- Hanover & District Hospital Foundation
- Durham & Community Health Care Foundation
- Mildmay Recreation Complex Renovation
- Bruce Grey Mentorship
- Optimistic View Live
- Saugeen Maitland Hockey
- West Grey Public Library (Summer Reading Club)
- Cystic Fibrosis Canada
- Light on Main Street – Hanover Food Kitchen
- Darcy Clancy Bursary Fund
- Colon Cancer Canada
- True Patriot Love Foundation
- Residential Hospice of Grey Bruce
- MS – Bike to End MS Event
- Operation Christmas Child
- YFC – Youth Unlimited Hanover
- Cargill District Community Foundation
- Cody Shane Support Fund following Cerebral Palsy Surgery