Owning a home is an achievement to be proud of and it is likely the largest single investment you have ever made. So when it comes to protecting it properly, our job is to help provide a cost effective policy that will guard against your family’s overall financial health.

No matter how well built, homes are vulnerable to fire, theft, water damage and other risks. At CMR, we will discuss the different types of policies that you can purchase which offer varying degrees of coverage. Depending on your unique situation, there are also optional coverages which you may need to purchase in order to ensure you are adequately protected.

REMEMBER: Not All Insurance Policies Are The Same

Every home insurance policy is slightly different. With each policy, there will be certain conditions, restrictions and exclusions. As your broker, we can help address questions or concerns about these differences to order to help give you peace of mind that you have a policy that is right for you.

For example, did you know that every insurance company offers different types of water damage protection:

Did you know?

Lightbulb Idea icon

We can provide you with home insurance for your primary residence, secondary residence, cottage, investment property and more.

You owe a “Duty of Care” to all people who come onto your property, even trespassers and you could be held responsible for any injury or harm caused to others who step foot on your property.

Your home insurance policy also includes liability coverage which can protect you in the event that you are found legally responsible for unintentionally causing bodily injury or property damage to someone else.

Your homeowner’s policy may insure the contents of your son’s or daughter’s belongings while they attend post-secondary school, or your parents’ belongings if they’re in a retirement or nursing home.

Water damage makes up the largest percentage of claims that homeowners make on their home insurance. For more information on the types of water damage coverage available please read our blog post on water damage and insurance:

Flooding – Do you have insurance for it?

If you leave your water on when you are away from your home for a prolonged period of time and the pipes burst or freeze, you may not be covered for the loss. Different companies have different requirements depending on how long you will be away from your property.

A standard home insurance policy DOES NOT cover high value items such as expensive jewellery and collectables. If you want these item insured, you will need to purchase additional coverage.

Additional discounts are available when you combine your property and auto insurance.

Get it today!

CMR Advantage

Servicing over 20,000 families and businesses for over 35 years

Family Icon

Provide you with the best insurance value that meets your needs

Umbrella Icon

No call centres! We will help you through any stressful situations

hand heart icon

Bound by IBAO’s Code of Ethics to obtain the best possible coverage

Open Book Icon

Skilled & highly educated professionals available to assist you

diploma icon

Success of CMR relies solely upon satisfying your insurance needs

Trophy icon